Help - made small hole in gallery lid on inside only! [email protected]

TaddisonTaddison Posts: 6Member
Help !
had a bottle of Tabasco sauce on shelf of [email protected] and when I closed the gallery hatch it punctured the inside sink. Oh raiders is fine, any suggestions? Someone else must of done this before. 

Comments

• douglasdouglas Posts: 433Member ✭✭✭
    Can you post a picture? That might help give us an idea of the damage 
  • TaddisonTaddison Posts: 6Member
    It's the size of a bottle of Tabasco lid, under half an inch round. 
  • grnH3grnH3 Posts: 161Member ✭✭✭
    Others have done the same thing as you. If you do a search, you can see the solutions that they came up with. 
  • JoeAJoeA Posts: 16Member
    Sounds like a good spot for a favorite campground sticker. Might have to put some stronger tape under it depending on the depth of the dent/hole.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Posts: 8,776Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    What color is the inside of your galley door?  If it is the birch color (light) go to Home Depot, look for the Elmers brand wood filler.  You can easily fill in these areas and depending on the depth of the hole you could wedge in some small pieces of wood to fill in any deep areas.  I bought a small plastic drywall style knife to spread the filler into the hole or indentation and this works well.  DO NOT try to stain over the repair and STAY AWAY FROM any oil based stain as it will discolor your wood by leeching into undamaged areas, making matters worse.  

I used a finer sand sand paper to carefully sand the damaged area and if you take your time you can blend this area in where others will have a hard time finding the hole.  One of my buddies left a gin bottle in the top shelf and put a hole in his.   B)
  • TaddisonTaddison Posts: 6Member
    We ended up putting white kitchen caulking into the hole, took our time but it's almost invisible jowls! Problem solved!

• renatolsmarenatolsma Posts: 5Member
    I did the same thing. Felt sick!  I put a sticker over the hole and moved on.