Lug Wrench?

westcoastLGMwestcoastLGM Posts: 28Member
Has anyone else found the factory supplied lug wrench for the Little Guy Max does not fit on the lug nuts?  Or perhaps we got the wrong one from the dealer???

Comments

• LuckyJLuckyJ Posts: 90Member
    Could you have one for the wheel nuts and one for the stabelizer jack nd are not using the right one for the job?
  • westcoastLGMwestcoastLGM Posts: 28Member
    We have two tools supplied by the dealer/Liberty - the stabilizer wrench is black and fits the stabilizers.... works fine.  The other is gold in color does not work in stabilizers or wheel lugs.  Tried our lug wrench from our F250 truck, that does not work either.  We're looking for one now to fit the LGMax.
  • GregorioGregorio Posts: 1,931Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I had my teardrop trailer I carried a 4-Way Lug Wrench that I purchased at Walmart.  
    Very cool, thank you, I will check it out!
    Thank you Tdebakker1.  You're suggestion is the way to go.  Getting one before our next trip.
  • cfullgrafcfullgraf Posts: 8Member
    When I picked up my trailer from the dealer, it had a wrench for the stabilizer jacks but not the trailer lug nuts. Maybe an over sight but it was what it was.

A wheel lug nut star wrench is a fairly inexpensive choice to have for a trailer, it handles four different nut sizes. I just do not like using one.

I just purchased a socket and breaker bar wrench for the lug nuts. I also purchased a torque wrench for the wheel lug nuts to be kept in the trailer. I still have to add a jack to be used incase I have a flat.

A lug wrench for the wheel nuts may have been supposed to be included with my Little Guy Ma trailer but I do  not care to fight that battle and supplied my own wrench.
  • TomDTomD Posts: 75Moderator mod
    I have said this before. A lugnut on these Trailers is torqued at 90psi. This kind of tightness requires a torque wrench or breaker bar to work with. Keep this in mind when thinking about tools to change tires in a blow out.
  • JimeJime Posts: 21Member
    Wheel torque per. tire co. and LG is 100ftp.

• TomDTomD Posts: 75Moderator mod
    Whoa! Sorry to disseminate weak information. My mistake. All vehicles have specific specifications for lug nuts. At all times follow the manufactures instructions.
  • JimeJime Posts: 21Member
    No probs, only throw out what i read. Not sure if 10ftp would make a big difference, maybe, maybe not.
  • WilliamAWilliamA Posts: 223Member ✭✭✭
    I use a breaker bar (1/2") and carry a small set of deepwell impact sockets in17,18,19 mm.  Don't forget to use 6 point sockets!  The 12 point sockets will break the cheesy chrome sleeves on the lugnuts causing them to spin without loosening the lugnuts.  Only fix for that is a small chisel and hack off the chrome covers.  Better yet....get one piece lugnuts.  Take one of yours off and take it to the guy at the parts store, tell him/her you want that size in a one piece nut.  He'll know what you mean.  He's seen it before...
    WilliamA 
  • MambomiMambomi Posts: 5Member
    We have two tools supplied by the dealer/Liberty - the stabilizer wrench is black and fits the stabilizers.... works fine.  The other is gold in color does not work in stabilizers or wheel lugs.  Tried our lug wrench from our F250 truck, that does not work either.  We're looking for one now to fit the LGMax.
    They don’t provide you with either a jack or a lug wrench.  The gold tool is for manually using your electric front Jack.  If you look at the top of your jack plastic cover, there’s a circular cap. If you remove that cap you’ll see a plastic nut that where that gold tool fits. If you run out of battery or your electric jack stops working that is how you can lift and lower it.
    Thanks for telling me what that wrench is used for.  I don't know if I even saved it???  I'll have to look for it. :)