New LGM/RR Purchase

CrankCrank Posts: 4Member
Ready to buy new LGM, December timeline.  How many of you ordered vs buying off dealer lot ?  My concern, recent updates at factory, and the Max sitting on lot for some time.
I understand, 5 to 7 week wait on new order not a problem.  Comments appreciated. 

Comments

• JeepCamperJeepCamper Posts: 56Member
    I would think the updates at the factory would be fixing know production quality issues.   A good dealer should have a list of items to fix before selling.   I would be interested if they make any engineering updates..  

I would be concern about ones sitting on the lot for some time, the Sun likes to age sealants.  

I would make sure the Dealer goes through and reseal/caulk everything before delivery.  The Silicone caulking is the one to watch for those wear out with Sun light.  If you can get them to redo the Silicone with ProFlex, it last longer.   The roof should be good with the Dicor Self Leveling that last a long time.   Also make sure the Dealer has done all bulletins.

Some items to look for:  Make sure the back/front where the top meets the floor is well seal.  Also the Wheel wells.  

Good water line Leak check:  Fill the fresh water tank then turn on the Pump.  The pump will pressurized the water lines then turn off.  If the pump turns on after their is pressure in the lines, you have a leak in the system somewhere.    Run Water in sink and look for Leaks underneath.    

Download those bulletins / service reminders and go through them.  Head over to Facebook Group for Little Guy, the group can produce a list of things for you to inspect and watch out for.   

• CrankCrank Posts: 4Member
    Thanks Jeep.  Will follow up, discuss with dealer.  Will probably order new.  I feel like this is same as buying a new car or truck.