Batwing awning silver shadow.

Rayj317_Rayj317_ Posts: 2Member
Has anyone added the batwing awning to their trailer. If so, hows it working out for you and does the galley door effect the awning?  Any other details would be great  

Comments

• WildcatWildcat ✭✭✭ Posts: 631Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30
    I'd like to know the same thing on a Five Wide Rough Rider.  It seems like it would have to go up and over and down again?  Or just up?  Wouldn't want it pushing down on the galley lid.  I have an ARB awning for one side, but it's a bit cumbersome to handle.  The Batwing or Foxwing looks easier.
  • WranglerRubiconWranglerRubicon ✭✭ Posts: 89Member ✭✭
    I too would like to know for my Five Rough Rider. I use a 12x12 PaHaQue and like it OK, but all the guy lines really get to be a hassle. 
  • WildcatWildcat ✭✭✭ Posts: 631Member ✭✭✭
    @WranglerRubicon, yes, I don't know what would be best, but sure wouldn't want a 12x12 for me and dog child.  I didn't want the 5x7 attached tent.  Dogs get wrapped around things, so not sure about a Batwing for that either.  I don't use the awning unless it's pouring buckets, and then it needs to get dried out before long, and I don't stay in one place long but rarely, so need to roll it up wet.

Maybe I'll have to stick with my Clam shelter!  I have the 6x6 which is best for me, and easy, but again, hate to pack it in wet.  When I get home, I have to take it in the house and try to get air to all of it until dry.  If I carry it on top of the trailer, it can get soaked up there, too.  The 6x6 is only 53 inches long in the bag which is a plus.  I've set it up behind the galley, it won't fit over.