Umbrella mount

gsdog2gsdog2 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
OK, can't stop tinkering. Made up this swing out umbrella mount for the SS. Using a hitch bar and related hitch items. The pin side mount is just a trailer suspension hanger painted black. Thats a 6" stainless steel pin. Also mounts to the rear hitch; which was a pain to take on and off so I decided on the mount where it will stay whilst traveling. The support swing down is a stair support for a RV entry step.

Comments

• deceiverdeceiver Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭
    Nicely done. Heck you could mount a picnic table on that post. It looks very strong.

I've also noticed that this model trailer is made so much better than my old 6 wide. I don't think water damage underneath will ever be an issue.
  • LadyArtistLadyArtist Member Posts: 437
    Gsdog2, that's a pretty sharp modify idea. Kudos. Happy camping! ;;)
  • snowfansnowfan Member Posts: 54
    Nice job no doubt, very professional looking. I just can't get past the tripping hazard that is created. I thought of one these for the back hitch on my SS but I'm thinking of just a simple base stand that I can stake down if I do it at all. Again real nice job.
  • gsdog2gsdog2 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    When it's in the rear hitch...it is swung to the side parallel to the trailer.....no hazard there, works great. When on the side, your chairs are under it so its good there too. On my LandCruiser I have an awning with guy lines staked out; there I clip on some glow sticks so people don't trip, but sometimes after some booze. Next project: rifle rack.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting set-up!  I'm with Dan, you could mount a table on that mount or a portable bed to sleep under the stars or rest in some shade on a hot day.  I love the innovation from people and was reminded of that out at the western rally.  Some friends from Phoenix did something similar, but used the front storage rack, a piece of pipe, some pillows and an umbrella to accomplish something similar.  

Thanks for sharing!