Home build A.C. installation

kylekyle Member Posts: 3
edited October 2013 in Conversions & Upgrades

Heres the A.C. unit me and my dad built. it works very well.. and I have 150.00 bucks in it..

Comments

• SusieQSusieQ Member Posts: 1,847
    I've been waiting for someone to do this.  Please give us more details and pics!
  • Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious to see more, too! Nice job!
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to see your photos in a bit larger format too if you have time.   

Very cool!    
  • tom311tom311 Member Posts: 137
    after I bought climate right I know I can build one with minor fabrication to the front of window a/c unit.thats all they did and then mount the digital controls there.no difference other than the new front they put on an a/c you can buy anywhere.
    if you look at climate right all it is a register boot like you put in floor for your furnace to channel the ait to a 4 inch round connection.the register boot covers the top of a/c unit where the air comes out so your boot is something like a 2 by 14 boot to cover the air output and then a 4 inch tube to the air intake on a/c unit,there is nothing other than the air being forced into little guy from the a/c to produce the return air to the a/c unit.

kyle I s see both tubes coming from the top,did you boot the exhaust to come to the top of store bought a/c unit?

• kylekyle Member Posts: 3

sorry for the delay in answers.. I just spent four days on the south llano river.. relaxing. tom there is no exhaust.. it just the ac blows in to both pipes..  i will take better pictures tomorrow with my camera that pic was taken with my cell.. i works very well. i just couldn't see giving that kind of money for an a.c. thanks lisa.. we done on one weekend.. it was pretty cheap..

kyle,my only thought as to why one of my tubes on climate right just goes against the fins on a/c unit would be that it is what helps dehumidify.of course the other is the a/c supply.all I can figure is the second hose gets the air out of little guy by pressure in cabin from the feed hose to supply a small amount back to a/c unit.on a climate right.i had thought of a similar set up as yours but wasn't sure as to all a/c if it would add humidity?just a thought I had. and after seeing the climate right I know I could build theres.