Diamond Plated Tray to hold AC Unit

TEZTEZ Member Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Conversions & Upgrades
I am looking to purchase the diamond plated or other type of tray that is bolted to the front of the LG Trailer that I could set the Climate Right Unit on.  What are good brands, places to purchase and what are they actually called?  Thanks for your help

Comments

• Mike_in_AtlantaMike_in_Atlanta Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    I made a tongue mounted box to permanently keep my a/c unit from a diamond plate tool box.  You can look for one online (search for diamond plate toolbox or truck box) or at some auto parts stores or perhaps Northern Tool or Tractor Supply.   You can also get a local welder to make a custom box out of thin aluminum diamond plate.

I bolted a wood base to my trailer tongue then secured my a/c unit to the base with a strap.  I have a diamond plate box that I put over the a/c unit (with the opening to the bottom) and secure it in place with some latches. To use the a/c, all I have to do is lift off the box and connect the hoses and power.

Mike

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEZ said:
    I am looking to purchase the diamond plated or other type of tray that is bolted to the front of the LG Trailer that I could set the Climate Right Unit on.  What are good brands, places to purchase and what are they actually called?  Thanks for your help
    As noted most farm supply stores will have these tool boxes and you can find the diamond plate tool boxes online too.  Places like Lowe's and Home Depot can get them for you as well.  I ordered mine through Menard's.  Use the search function in the upper right hand corner to search for diamond plate as there are many discussions within the forum area that will provide you with valuable information and tips.   I'm sure if you look through the teardrop conversions discussion area there is a wealth of info there as well.  

Good luck!