[email protected] in the future?

Mike, have you heard if LG is thinking about adding the [email protected] to their production line? I'd seriously consider trading up someday if they do!

Robin

Comments

• VernaVerna Posts: 3,855Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my memory on the [email protected] forum, Robin. At sometime in the future, LG would like to manufacture an American version of the [email protected] 400. But, there is no timetable for that, so I wouldn't plan on it. The 400 is the European souped up version and it's got a lot of features on it.  There is a You Tube out there that shows the 400. The [email protected] mention of that. 
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Posts: 8,776Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what Verna is referring to below and they do plan to make these sometime out in the future.  They certainly are aware of the [email protected] but have no immediate plans to produce one that I've heard any mention of.  

• Lisa33Lisa33 Posts: 1,781Member ✭✭✭✭
    I obviously wish they'd consider bringing back the [email protected]  I think it would expand their market base in a way that many configurations of the [email protected] do not.  At one point I remember that they said they wanted to keep their brand to teardrops, but the new truck camper has gone beyond that.  Here's hoping they change their minds!  I think they lose some customers upgrading to R-Pods and Airstreams. 
  • PattiPatti Posts: 591Member ✭✭
    Why are there [email protected] in Europe that aren't made by LG?  Is [email protected] a generic name used by more than one company?
  • Lisa33Lisa33 Posts: 1,781Member ✭✭✭✭
    [email protected] were originated by a German company called Tabbert.  They sold the rights to make them in the US first to Dutchmen (owned by Thor) and then to Pleasant Valley.  From my understanding, LG markets the trailers manufactured by Pleasant Valley.  Tabbert continues to have their own line of [email protected] in Europe.  
  • PattiPatti Posts: 591Member ✭✭
    Thank you for that info!
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Posts: 8,776Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Mullet, owner of the Pleasant Valley Trailer Company bought out and owns the rights to the [email protected] units formerly built by Dutchmen Trailers.  Joe Kickos, president and owner of Little Guy World Wide owns the rights to the Little Guy units.  Pleasant Valley Trailer Company builds the [email protected] units that are distributed/marketed by Little Guy in a somewhat odd marriage of sorts that works well for both entities.  Scott Hubble, CEO of the PVTCo. also works hand in hand with Little Guy and both entities support one another in both sales, production and over all annual goals.....  You won't meet a finer bunch of individuals who are customer oriented and will go out of their way to make sure that people are happy.  One day soon I hope to head down to the new factory to tour the new facility and with some luck, camp overnight there as well!