Down sized water tank

I recently purchased a 2018 [email protected] XL Outback. While preparing her for the maiden voyage, I realized that the water tank has only a 5 gallon capacity, not 11 gallons as is documented in all the nuCamp literature on the model. Has anyone else discovered this? Needless to say my dealer didn't mention this change in specifications, nor has nuCamp returned my phone messages. 
Everyone has raved about the customer service at nuCamp, but so far, I am less than impressed.  The good news, the Outback was fabulous to have in the Prescott National Forest in Arizona over Labor Day weekend.

Comments

• stargazer7467stargazer7467 Posts: 269Member ✭✭✭
    Id like to have a larger tank as well. My LE shadow only jas a 5gal...
  • jo11ymonjo11ymon Posts: 71Member ✭✭

My Rough rider has a 5 gallon tank and I am lucky if I have 3 left in it going down a paved road. Glad to hear the Outback was nice if we haver want to go bigger, because there are times we do pull the trailer "off Road"

• lightningdonlightningdon Posts: 119Member ✭✭✭
    My 2017 has the 10 gallon tank. We used it the first trip and have never used it since. The size and location of the sink led to us getting water all over the place when trying to wash dishes. That coupled with the desire to preserve my batteries for longer off grid camping trips by not using the pump, led us back to a wash basin and two 5 gallon water jugs.
  • WildcatWildcat Posts: 646Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I like the sink for washing hands and small things and water to cook with and whatever else, if only the tank held five gallons like it should.
  • stargazer7467stargazer7467 Posts: 269Member ✭✭✭
    I just use a drain hose under the trailer for my gray water.  Never had an issue. 
  • LuckyJLuckyJ Posts: 90Member
    Charlie said:
    I recently purchased a 2018 [email protected] XL Outback. While preparing her for the maiden voyage, I realized that the water tank has only a 5 gallon capacity, not 11 gallons as is documented in all the nuCamp literature on the model. Has anyone else discovered this? Needless to say my dealer didn't mention this change in specifications, nor has nuCamp returned my phone messages. 
    Everyone has raved about the customer service at nuCamp, but so far, I am less than impressed.  The good news, the Outback was fabulous to have in the Prescott National Forest in Arizona over Labor Day weekend.

Are you sure it is empty?

I have notice that the water tank and the way it is plumb, like the trailer to have the tongue side I little higher than the rear and you could even make the driver side a little lower too.
  • MeJaneMeJane Posts: 6Member
    I have a 2017 [email protected] Max.  The water tank is only 5 gal even though all literature and salesmen claimed it to be 11. 
  • WildcatWildcat Posts: 646Member ✭✭✭
    Good luck.  Are you still under warranty?  They said they would fix my water tank problems, and I got months of runaround and no fix.   So, I'm paying for it myself just to get it done.  Mine is a Five Wide.  Water wouldn't run into it and half of it slopped out of a five gallon tank.  The only way it would hold five gallon is if i didn't move it.  My new tank is ordered, so I hope to finally be done with it soon, spendy or not.  
  • LuckyJLuckyJ Posts: 90Member
    Ok, so the 2017 [email protected], the wter tank is more than 5 gallons.  I saw it all when I removed the floor on bed floor.  But water pick up inside is hight, and in order to pull more water out, the trailer needs to be incline with the tongue a little higher and not level.

And what you see under the sink is just a very small portion of it.

Go on the [email protected] forum, someone has a picture of it from inside the trailer.
  • Twig46Twig46 Posts: 4Member
    I purchased a 2017 [email protected] XL Offroad in January of 2018. I am now getting it ready to take our first trip. I was disinfecting the water tank and letting it run through the system and then draining it and refilling. I noticed that each time I drained I was getting no more than six and a half gallons out even with tongue higher than level. No matter how I positioned the [email protected] six and a half gallons was the max. I don't consider this any big deal but it would have been nice if I had been told in advance that the water tank was that much smaller than advertised.