Fantastic Fan Upgrade or Maxxair Deluxe?

paulhenkpaulhenk Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to slow down the fan. I've read the posts on the upgrade and I understand it does not replace the motor? My motor has a slight squeak to it. Mainly when turned off and slowing down. I'm concerned running it at a lower speed may cause more noise.

Has anyone actually put the Maxx Air Deluxe on a LG? Not much more for the whole unit compared to just the FF upgrade.

What about power draw?

Comments

• grnH3grnH3 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    I was looking into the Maxx Air deluxe as well but decided to go with the FF upgrade. I replaced mine this year and while I had things apart I cleaned and lubricated the fan motor, as I had a similar squeak as yours. I elimated the squeak. I went with the upgrade because I didn't have to mess with the original seal.
  • jo11ymonjo11ymon Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I did the upgrade end it was very simple.  One thing, if you do the upgrade make sure you get the correct kit.  The one in my 5 wide has the corners cut out.  it makes a huge difference in speed and variability. I am not familiar with the Maxx Air.
  • lightningdonlightningdon Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    IF you have the cut out corners in your fan insert, you have the "clamp style" fan. Do not try to order off Amazon, order it directly from Fantastic Fan. See my issues on this thread; http://golittleguy.com/forum/#/discussion/5313/fantastic-fan-7350-upgrade-tips

• jo11ymonjo11ymon Member Posts: 71 ✭✭

I did order from Amazon, but I was able to notch the corners with my dremel tool and a plastic wheel.  Then adjusted electronics on top.  Had to do this as the wife gave permission too close to a trip and did not want to risk freight from Fantastic Fans.  It really was an easy install.  With the modifications included, it was about 1 hour.  And well worth it!