LG Max sewer hose tube size

msundstrmsundstr Posts: 9Member
The tube is too small to accept the two hoses I've tried so far. My dealer indicates to me that they have had to change out the tube for a larger tube with other units they have sold. But I presume that the manufacturer has a sewer hose model that is designed to fit. Anyone know which one? Thanks...

Comments

• bjreimannbjreimann Posts: 19Member
    If you do call and find out, can you post what you find?  Thanks!
  • msundstrmsundstr Posts: 9Member
    I will definitely post it here. Still figuring out the best places to gather info between here, my dealer, the FaceBook page and directly contacting Liberty Outdoors support. 
  • bjreimannbjreimann Posts: 19Member
  • GroveratcGroveratc Posts: 501Administrator, Moderator admin
    Information from anywhere is great. Hopefully as you all learn more and more about your Max's please start posting and start discussions. It's the way we all learn. If you go way way back to the beginning of the forum we started with tons of questions and over time we have a ton of information. Now we just need to add lots of information about the Max. 
  • jonjon Posts: 75Member, Administrator admin
    Groveratc said:
    Information from anywhere is great. Hopefully as you all learn more and more about your Max's please start posting and start discussions. It's the way we all learn. If you go way way back to the beginning of the forum we started with tons of questions and over time we have a ton of information. Now we just need to add lots of information about the Max. 

Agreed. We're working on it.
  • DylanDylan Posts: 6Administrator admin
    msundstr said:
    The tube is too small to accept the two hoses I've tried so far. My dealer indicates to me that they have had to change out the tube for a larger tube with other units they have sold. But I presume that the manufacturer has a sewer hose model that is designed to fit. Anyone know which one? Thanks...
    Unfortunately the larger hoses on the market will not fit into the hatch. The tube itself can fit a 3" hose which typically is not an issue but the head of some of the newer hoses will not fit into the opening. Rhinoflex is one of the brands out there with large heads that do not fit, but if you can remove the heads then you can fit the 3" diameter hose 
  • msundstrmsundstr Posts: 9Member

Dylan, thank you for the details on the size of the tube; they match my rough estimates. I have not looked in earnest but have not yet found a hose that fits. I will use my existing hose in the meantime.

It is interesting that I have not yet seen here a list of products that fit the Little Guy Max. I am sure that Liberty Outdoors spec'ed and installed a tube designed to fit one or more sewer hoses. Where is that list? I am equally certain that they did not intend that owners would be removing and installing the heads in order to fit them in the tubes, especially after first use! 

I am beginning to understand why my dealer has been installing larger tubes, but, then, why not just install a larger tube in the first place. The pass-through storage area has plenty of room. So far this does not fit with the quality of fitness and workmanship demonstrated by the rest of the Little Guy Max.

• GroveratcGroveratc Posts: 501Administrator, Moderator admin
    To help those of us without the Max, can you post up a picture with the measurements? (Please resize the picture) The creativity and resources of the people of this forum may yield a great result, you never know. 
  • JDTJDT Posts: 3Member
    I did talk with Little Guys Trailers. They said they were aware of the issue and were looking to do tweaks to the design. I hope that means to this shortfall. I like the better sewer hoses (cheap ones leak and make a mess), but the better ones are larger around. I modified my Little Guys to fit a longer and wider tube. I posted it on the FB site: https://www.facebook.com/groups/littleguymax/permalink/1220730128028311/
    PS: I also suggested that they take care of the see-through bathroom door :)
  • CalernieCalernie Posts: 2Member
    Okay I just bought the 2018 Little Guy Max. I was mostly impressed by the layout. The sewer tube size is a screw up on Liberty's part. They should have done a little more quality control. The good news is that I found that the Blueline brand of sewer tubes do fit in their tube...only because the ends come off and you use the storage for the tube only. The ends I store in a quart size sealed bag. I know it's not the best solution but it's doable....
  • JimeJime Posts: 23Member
    Hi there! Is it going to be added to up coming MAX trailers? If so, maybe they will offer a retro fit kit to us who already have a MAX. ??? Should be an easy install. Our MAX will coming in about three weeks, and most likely won't have it. I have a Rino flex, and like.  Jime
    Not many owners to comment on such things. Hopefully in the near future, weal have more owners to discus problems, and answers about our LG MAX.  Thanks   Jime
  • k9lyonslgfk9lyonslgf Posts: 36Member
    Does anyone know if the sewer hose storage hatch has been addressed in current LG Max trailers? We have one on order and are hoping the appropriate adjustment has been made.
    Hi there! New to this forum, will be getting our Little Guy Max in a week, have posted a few times here, and have not gotten any response to anything. I have herd somewhere that face book is where things are discussed and answered, if so, guess that will leave us out, as have not a clue what or where that is, for am not computer wiz, lucky to get this far. Needless to say we are so looking to get our Little Guy Max, and having a great time traveling out west, come the end of April. Yea!!!!   Jime
  • WildcatWildcat Posts: 638Member ✭✭✭
    Could be not enough Max owners here yet.  If you belong to Facebook, go there and search for Little Guy Max.
  • WildcatWildcat Posts: 638Member ✭✭✭
    Also, I see on Facebook a discussion about sewer hoses on February 10 where they talk about the Blueline Duraform model sewer hose.  I know nothing about a Max, I just scrolled down a ways on Facebook and there was a big picture of a sewer hose popping up there.
  • silverliningsilverlining Posts: 2Member
    Hey guys- I'm on both pages also but haven't heard about them changing the sewer hose tube.  I will tell you- we like keeping ours in a flat storage box better.  Like my husband says- you can clean out the box way easier than you can clean out the tube.  And there is soooo much storage that we don't miss the space the box takes up.  So I have my beach umbrella in the sewer hose tube.  Fits perfectly!

Hi all! Was to get our LGM a week from Feb. 17th, but as luck would have it, we did not. Went to pick her up and it was 75% of what we ordered or there abouts. Did not have the Rough Rider pks. They had to order lift kit and tires from Joe K. at the factory, and will install at the Dealer. We have not had a walk thru as of yet, hope all is Ok when that takes place.  Now Mon. the 12th. is our pick up date. Getting close, and very excited. Positive thinking, will be the order of the day. Ha!       Jime
  • chrisccwchrisccw Posts: 1Member
    I have a Max and the Blueline fits! You have to take off the connectors on each end.
  • BruceLee66BruceLee66 Posts: 1Member
    We just picked up a 2019 Max. We love it so far. However, as noted here the dealer sold us a Viper sewer hose (very common brand) and it does not fit in the storage tube! So apparently they still have not corrected this design error. I do not see how a smaller diameter hose would solve the problem as the connection end, which fits on the sewer outlet appropriately, does not fit into the tube. I sent an email but is anyone else aware of a manufacturer's retrofit?
  • NccdeNccde Posts: 2Member
     I am new to the form and purchase a 2019 LGM about a month or so ago. I'll try to put some pictures I just took for you on this form if I can. Did not drill any holes in fram( did cut battery storage box )to fit used existing ones as you can see and purchase tube from Amazon. Stretched out to length of camper  purchase the better hose and everything fits in the tube. Took a 360mi trip  to Hatteras and works just great.

Bob