A/C Vent screens

nmmikenmmike Posts: 29Member
Since I don't have A/C I am thinking of using the A/C vents for fresh air but want to prevent bugs from entering the trailer.
Has anyone come up with simple screening for these vents?

thanks
Mike s
New Mexico

Comments

• lightningdonlightningdon Posts: 119Member ✭✭✭
    There is screening covering the intake vent in the bottom of your trailer. The cowbells are similarly protected.
  • nmmikenmmike Posts: 29Member
    I have a six wide Rough Rider and it did not come with A/C which would mount on the cargo rack on the frame.  There are two opening with covers which screw on to cover the opening if an A/C is not installed.  Those are the two round openings that I would like to use to vent the trailer.
  • jo11ymonjo11ymon Posts: 71Member ✭✭

What I did with my 5 wide RR is I got sewer line connectors and hose clamps from Wal-Mart.  I had extra screening from a patio door replacement.  I stretched the screen onto the connectors and fastened with the clamps.  I have a cargo box on front of my trailer and they live in there when not camping.  That is as simple as I could get.  Hope that is what you are looking for.

• nmmikenmmike Posts: 29Member
    Yep, that is exactly what I needed,,, sounds like a good idea, if the sewer connectors screw on then that protects the RR stub outs from the clamps damaging their threads.  My RR is the same color as yours and I hope that u r enjoying ur trailer as much as I am enjoying mine!   
    Does ur setup with the screens prevent condensation and good circulation when u r using ur fan?

Thanks!
  • jo11ymonjo11ymon Posts: 71Member ✭✭

if it gets too cool I still crack the windows so the vents aren't right at our head.

We really enjoy the trailer - Just not able to use often enough!