Norcold/Dometic 12V refrigerator not cooling, error codes

gr8campngr8campn Posts: 17Member
Need to pass this on to others...

We have a 2015 LG SS.  Took a trip last summer for 2 1/2 weeks.  The first day out we had the refrigerator loaded to the gills and stopped for the night - it was HOT outside, and we were traveling north, so the rear kitchen  compartment was exposed to the sun.  Spent the night at a campground in mid Virginia along I-81, then headed north the next morning to Wilkes-Barre, PA.  Got into our daughter's and husband's place and parked the camper, and went to get the content out of the cooler for my wife (who has a medical condition, and we pack her dietary requirements with us).  I opened the clamshell to the galley area, and went to remove our perishables (no shore power at their house), and the temp on the fridge was at 77 degrees F.  Packing up the next day, we loaded the perishables in another cooler with ice, just to make sure they didn't spoil.  But, we left the fridge connected in the galley, just to test.

Arrived at our next destination for a couple of days before heading to Maine.  Unfortunately, this was over the Labor Day weekend, and all repair shops were closed for the long weekend.  My sister-in-laws boyfriend is a well trained and 'jack of all trades' engineer, and he helped me run some tests on the Norcold/Dometic refrigerator, and we discovered that we were getting good power (hooked up to 12V battery in car and to the connection in the galley), when connected via 7 way trailer connection we were getting power and charging the deep cycle battery on the camper, no obstructions to the cooling fan, etc.  However, it appeared that there was some corrosion around the coolant tank and on some of the bolt down hardware.  So, he went through and checked the switches - the on/off power switch is sealed, and was working, but when he toggled the low voltage switch (there are 3 positions on the switch to select the low power cut off voltage, this is located to the right of the on/off power switch), the error codes on the temperature display disappeared, and the fridge started cooling again, and maintained the set temperature.

I went ahead and opened up the plastic panel that allows access to the switches this past weekend, loosened the switch so I could access it better, and took some electrical component cleaner (aerosol can) and a towel, and slowly toggled the switch a number of times, then sprayed a couple of brief squirts of the cleaner into the ends of the switch, again toggled the switch between the 3 modes slowly a number of times, let it set for a couple of minutes to allow the cleaner to evaporate, then blew the switch out with compressed air.  I repeated this 4 times.

Reattached the switch to the plastic panel, and reassembled the panel and plugged the cooler back in to the 110V adapter to check - fridge cooled down quickly (recommended setting is in switch position 3).  Made sure it was working, then replaced the fridge in the camper kitchen, and made sure that it was cooling - working fine.

Wanted to let others know about this in the event that they, too, have issues with error codes and the Norcold/Dometic fridge not cooling as it should!

Comments

• ValoValo Posts: 10Member
    Please let me know which error code it shows. Here I listed the code and what is it mean:
    LG Refrigerator Error Code OF F or O FF
    Refrigerator is in display mode

LG Refrigerator Error Code 1F or F1
    Error is Ice Blower Fan or Ice Maker Motor

LG Refrigerator Error Code 22
    Clicking Sound = Repair or Check Compressor Relay

LG Refrigerator Error Code 67
    Error is Gap in Door or Fully Packed Fridge

LG Refrigerator Error Code er 15 or Er 15
    Error is Ice Maker Fan Motor

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er dH
    Error is Defrost Heater or PCB or Fuse

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er FS
    Error is Freezer Sensor Error

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er rF
    Error is Fan Motor Abnormality

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er rS
    Error is Refrigerator Sensor Error

LG Refrigerator Error Code FF
    Error is Freezer Fan Motor

LG Refrigerator Error Code F dS
    Error is Freezer Defrost Sensor

LG Refrigerator Error Code r dS
    Error is Refrigerator Defrost Sensor

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er HS
    Error is Humidity Sensor

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er IS
    Error is Ice Maker Sensor

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er SS
    Error is Pantry Sensor = (pantry is the deli drawer)

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er rt
    Error is Room Temperature Sensor

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er It
    Error is System Error Inside Ice Maker

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er gF
    Error is Flow Meter Error Code

LG Refrigerator Error Code F dH
    Error is Sensor didn’t get over 40F in Defrost

LG Refrigerator Error Code r dH
    Error is Sensor didn’t get over 40F

LG Refrigerator Error Code Er IF
    Error is The Fan for the Ice Compartment Failed