Will this forum survive again...

WildcatWildcat Posts: 638Member ✭✭✭
After Xtreme Outdoors bought Little Guy?  Wonder if they will make little teardrops again.  

Comments

• jonjon Posts: 75Member, Administrator admin
    First of all, yes it's true. But this happened only within the past week. An ownership transition like this will likely bring some changes, but this forum is likely far down the list of decisions to make. So I think it will stay up in the short term. That said, I can't predict the future and I really don't know what the long term effects will be - on the products or the community. This change is too new speculate. Just my opinion.
  • OJmartinOJmartin Posts: 36Member
    Crystal ball is a little blurry this morning.
    Forum survive ?
    sure hope so !
    little tear drops back in production - Great !
    often when we are out in our SS, get asked "where do you get one?"
    RVs have highest level of Buyers' Remorse, heard from many owners of bigger RVs who wish they were smaller. Sort of a circle of RV life.
  • WildcatWildcat Posts: 638Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, often I get asked where to get such a trailer as my Five Wide Rough Rider, and I tell them it's practically a collector's item, not being made but that many small companies make something similar, so maybe the smaller ones are glad Little Guy stopped making them.  Then there are still the [email protected] I know of three companies near me who make very nice teardrops.  If I ever want another, it would be a special order.

Ojmartin, it's interesting, mostly men like my trailer, and their wives turn their noses up and don't even want to look at anything less than 30 feet.  But I know a few ladies with [email protected] that are happy with them.  Many people don't want to deal with the sewer.  My husband and one dog child passed away recently, so I'm really thankful for my dinky trailer for me and my remaining dog.   He's a bed hog, but he loves the trailer, too.
  • GroveratcGroveratc Posts: 501Administrator, Moderator admin
    Only time will tell. I have asked the question, but no information as of yet. 
  • TomDTomD Posts: 83Moderator mod
    edited July 29
    WildCat...sorry for your recent losses. Yes..we are now owners of “collector tears”. It will be interesting to see what the new company does as regards the forum and future products. Must admit I had no idea LG/Liberty or whatever they were called sold. I like this forum even though it has been heavy on the “sales” posts as of late.
  • LinoLino Posts: 221Member ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a link for more information 
  • PkrmspecPkrmspec Posts: 116Member ✭✭
    If you go to the Little Guy web site at the bottom there is now an Extreme Outdoor logo at the bottom.  Funny there was no PR on any of this.
  • LinoLino Posts: 221Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks I found it. Wonder what changes are coming
    @TomD Thanks, yes, it has been a bad year.  But my dog child and I are carrying on with our little, Little Guy.  Staying little has been a good thing for me. 
  • JeepCamperJeepCamper Posts: 57Member
    There was an announcement on the facebook page.   https://www.facebook.com/groups/littleguymax/
    Wrote wrote Little Guy and this was there response.
    Hello George,

We are now Xtreme Outdoors.

Thank you and please let me know if I can help you further.

Xtreme Outdoors Customer Service

At this time they don't appear to address any changes in policy.  
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Posts: 8,776Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Jon noted, the forum area is probably the least of the concerns of the new owners as they sort through business operations and decide on which path to proceed along.  I was told by informed sources that former owner and president of Little Guy, Joe Kicos will stay onboard as an employee of the new company.  With that being said, Joe is an intelligent man, an innovative and progressive individual and no doubt will have input into the new operation.  As a former administrator and developer of this forum for Little Guy I can tell you all IMHO that this forum area isn’t going away anytime soon.  Joe Kicos knows that there is value added in the forum, that it attracts prospective trailer buys, it helps answer questions and promotes goodwill and a sense of community via your help and contributions therein.  

So don’t sit around fretting about whether this forum will exist tomorrow or into the future.  If you want to do something positive and ensure the longevity of the forum then you can help out by being a regular, positive contributor, help others out who have questions, get along and maintain a family atmosphere, while creating balance within the community.  Rumors only help to create anxiety and instill fear.  Show your support for the new owners and their team as they move forward and remember that this forum is a repository and wealth of information from within if you take the time to use the search function on the forum area.   
  • GroveratcGroveratc Posts: 501Administrator, Moderator admin
    Mike it’s good to “see” you again. 
  • JeepCamperJeepCamper Posts: 57Member
    Looks like the new owners (entrepreneurs) purchase Little Guy as an investment.  They are well funded with lot of cash to help Little Guy to reach it's full potential.  They own a couple of companies. One of companies is  Xtreme Care LLC if my research is correct.  They believe in the Little Guy product and will most likely keep the company intact.  

Here is an article about the purchase.  https://rv-pro.com/news/xtreme-outdoors-acquires-liberty-outdoors

• xtreme-outdoorsxtreme-outdoors Posts: 1Confirm Email, Member, Administrator admin
    Hi! I am one of the owners of Xtreme Outdoors. There are no changes planned to the forum at this stage. As some people have mentioned on this thread, we are just getting our arms around a bunch of different things operationally at this stage!

Vikram
    edited August 4
    I don't really think anyone was sitting around fretting about it as someone mentioned or creating fear, but curious, of course, which Jon answered.  Fear and anxiety, to me, are something I would feel if we had an earthquake or a war.  I think most people on the forum are positive and helpful. 

From the comments I've seen, quite a few use the search, including me, quite often.  However, with the smaller teardrops mixed up with the bigger ones, a search brings up many more things that do not pertain to your model of trailer, so it gets harder to find what a person is looking for or at least is more time consuming.  Still, there is a lot of information there.
    I think it’s just nature to ask questions. We all hope for success in the new organization. Those of us who stand by the mypod and recommend it have a loosely vested interest in seeing them succeed. Also it appears many former plodders, when they upgrade, stay with a teardrop trope product.
    But I also realize it’s rare to hear people say “ so and so company was just absorbed by _______ and  wow,what an improvement.
    The jury is still out, as they say.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Posts: 8,776Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groveratc said:
    Mike it’s good to “see” you again. 
    Hope you are doing well Michelle and enjoying the summer!   👍🏻