Omnia Oven for stove top

WildcatWildcat Posts: 649Member ✭✭✭
This thing has very good reviews and it works.  It's a little spendy for aluminum.

https://amazon.com/OMNIA-OVEN-KIT-Silicone-Parchment/dp/B06W549MHP/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Omnia+oven&qid=1579801653&sr=8-3

I think it's a nuisance to take more stuff along, but could not do a good job of baking in my small, stove top dutch oven.  Because Omnia is aluminum, it won't take high heat.  I did do a one layer cake that was fine.

One can get the three piece or the set that has silicone inserts and a rack in addition.  Now, they make aluminum inserts and a muffin insert. 

I have a Coleman folding oven, but it is too big for the galley stove.  I hope I use this enough to make it worth it.  I tried it in the garage, might not do so well in wind.

Comments

• GroveratcGroveratc Posts: 503Administrator, Moderator admin
    Keep us posted. I like the looks of it. 
  • WildcatWildcat Posts: 649Member ✭✭✭
    I thought it was strange when I saw it.  But I joined a Facebook group that people are showing what they've made, and am impressed, even if it is shaped like a donut.  My cast iron stuff is heavy, and I'm sure I'll still use it.  I'm going to experiment more while the trailer is in the garage (using cast iron AND the Omnia), as we are having much rain before spring.