Towing MiniMax with 2017 Volvo XC60

TheDodgyOneTheDodgyOne Member Posts: 1
edited May 16 in Tow Vehicles
I am strongly considering the purchase of a MiniMax as my first travel trailer. Would like to know if there are any members out there who are also using a Volvo SUV as their tow vehicle. More specifically, I have a 2017 XC60 T6 AWD.

From what I have been able to glean through some online reading, the dry weight of the MiniMax (<2000 lbs.) should not be an issue, as the user manual indicates I have 3500 lbs. of tow capacity with the car. The only other lingering concern I have relates to the tongue weight, with MiniMax at 280 lbs. I wonder if that is workable with my vehicle? Any other Volvo towers out there that can either guide or reassure me? Anyone with experience in this space would be good to hear from.

I would add a weight distribution system with sway control to be extra cautious. I also tend not to load much of anything into the trailer, rather carry what I need in plastic storage bins in the cargo area of the car, and restock the inside once I'm settled at a campsite. And it's just me and my little doggie doing the camping, so there's not too much weight inside the car. 

Thank you.