Looking for inside lock key

I just purchased a Little Guy Delux and it doesn't lock from the inside because the red deadbolt key is missing.  Went to a local RV place in Tucson and purchased a whole new lock system and that didn't work either as it didn't have the lip on the end of the plunger to catch on inside of trailer to lock it.  I called Westco Fastec Industrial to see if they had a lock system that did have this and they said no.  So back to square one!  If I could just find the lock key for the old lock I would be happy.  Any suggestions are welcome or if you have one of those red keys laying around and want to sell it to me, please contact me!!  Thank-you!!!  Sirena 

Best Answer

Answers

• janballenjanballen Posts: 8Member
    I took a lot of pics with my phone but don't know how to get them here.  Could take some with my camera but may take awhile to get them downloaded and up here!  thank-you
  • westcoastLGMwestcoastLGM Posts: 31Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi janballen.  On my LGM I have one key (the same key) that works both the top lock and the deadbolt from the outside.  You may have to flip the key around to make it work on each. I find there is one way it works on the top and then I need to rotate the key 180° to fit in the lock to work the bottom one.  On the inside, when you want to lock the deadbolt, just flip the red latch down and to the left and it locks it.  Hope that helps.
    Here are the pics of the lock.  The missing red deadbolt flipper plate on the inside.  The inside where the plunger of the lock is supposed to have a hook but on the new one I just purchased that doesn't work.  Also the side of the door where it is supposed to hook instead of a strike plate.  
  • GroveratcGroveratc Posts: 502Administrator, Moderator admin
    My recommendation might be to have a trailer shop switch out the whole door handle/lock. The version that WestcoastLGM posted are fairly standard in the trailer industry. Maybe one of the easier options available. 
    I did buy a whole new lock but it didn't have the hook on the end of the plunger.  Couldn't find a manufacture name on old one and the new one I called the company and they don't make anything with that hook

• JimeJime Posts: 23Member
    Contact LG, maybe they can help with that?!
  • TomDTomD Posts: 87Moderator mod
    edited January 2019
    Most of the doors for these little ones were originally used for horse trailers and modified for the TD’s. Sometimes a locksmith can work wonders without major structural changes.
    I went to a locksmith but I will persist and go to more!!

Jimi I called a local Little Guy dealer here in Tucson and he couldn't help.  When I started the lock search I went to the Little Guy Manufacture and they couldn't either?!!!
  • lambert45lambert45 Posts: 16Member
    How's your search about the lock? Some locksmith have a good eye and techniques, find a second or third opinion.
    Haven't found a replacement lock but a friend of mine is going to try and rig something up inside.  Thanks everyone :)
  • WildcatWildcat Posts: 646Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Some of these posts are confusing, at first anyway.  This is another in "Little Guy Max," which is not a recent Max.  There were LG Five Wide Maxes, LG Six Wide Max, Four Wide, and Deluxes, [email protected] Max Little Guys with some XL thrown in or some such,  LG Silver Shadow Max of different sizes, now there are the new LG Maxes and LG Mini Maxes that have no resemblance to small teardrops.  I once suggested there could be something separate for the bigger Maxes, but that did not happen.  So, when people talk about a smaller Max from days of old, in the subject of a LG Max, some of us are not sure which Max is which that is being discussed until a picture shows up.  I guess it is ok, maybe I'm the only one who has a problem keeping the Maxes straight.

As for the lock problem, it appears to be two different locks in the pictures, and I assume one is quite a bit older.  Is there any chance NuCamp would have what's needed?  It doesn't say what year Deluxe unless I missed it somewhere.  Hope a proper lock is found; I know how frustrating it can be sometimes.
  • GroveratcGroveratc Posts: 502Administrator, Moderator admin
    @Wildcat with a wave of my magic wand the discussion has now been moved. Good catch, thanks. 
  • WildcatWildcat Posts: 646Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    @Groveratc, then quite a few, I've noticed, when I talk about a Five Wide, they think I mean a Five foot wide Silver Shadow or a Five foot wide [email protected]  It's difficult to explain without a picture.  Then, they all could be rough riders.  Too late now, but different naming might have helped keep them straight.